The new year has begun and many people have chosen a resolution or a goal. If that is not for you this year because trying to figure out what you want to “change” or “start” stresses you out with, here are a few simple tips to consider that may help you start off with solid footing:
- Take one step at a time. Give your full attention to each thing, rather than part of your attention to many things.
- Find a balance between work and play.
- Do more of what makes you happy and do less of what makes you unhappy (even if it makes others happy).
- Bigger plans aren’t always better. Less can be more.
- Connect with those who make you feel good about yourself and disconnect with those who you make you feel bad about yourself.
- Reflect on the things in life that make you smile.
- Communicate what you do appreciate to those around you.
- Get moving. The impact of activity, such as stretching, can do more for your mood than you realize.
- Don’t let the power of a good night’s sleep go underestimated.
Here’s to a good 2019!